Monday, June 6, 2016

Japan a final refletion

Having spent close to a month in Japan the time to return grows ever nearer. Although I wish I could spend more time here the restriction placed on be the beast known as money has voiced the end of the trip. But i digress, The trip has been wrought with many a good experience. I walked more than I have walked in the past year of my life, honestly not saying much but trust me I walked a lot. Many a time I went to Akihabara to peruse the Enemy of wallets, Anime/game goods. Walking from store to store, and climbing the many flights of stairs present in anime shops, quickly added up to quite the distance walked. Despite the large amount of walking Due to the fresh scenery and experiences I did not really feel the tiredness until the train ride home. However, despite the tiredness each Trip was extremely fun.

The next thing that I wish to talk about in regards to my trip is the home visit. The home visit was without a doubt the most nerve racking thing within the plans of this trip. the events leading up to meeting my host family were filled with deep breathing and panicked pacing. However after meeting and spending time with my host family I am happy that it is required by the program. my host family was extremely nice and allowed me to experience many fun and interesting things. on the first day ther
e I Made and ate takoyaki for the first time. It was delicious and making it together with my host family was fun. on the second day with them i was brought along to the family's karate lessons. Although I felt as if I would die from over exercising the experience was fun. On the final day I together with my host family climbed a mountain.. The mountain going by the name ooyama was incredibly difficult to climb the path was as off-road as can be.
 After climbing a a natural staircase to the top of the mountain i was greeted with the amazing sight from the top.

At the top of mountain, sasuga nihon, there was a restaurant although the selection was limited and I along with my host family ate cup ramen. Due to being on top of a mountain it was far better than regular cup ramen. after finishing climbing the mountain i was faced with the sad fate of parting with my host family. Although the time spent with them was very small it was a very good experience.

During our stay there were also many organized tours and field trips. The tour of kamakura for example was an extremely fun experience.
being toured around by my conversation partner was a very extremely fun and I was able to see many cool sights such as, the daibutsuen,
 and the bamboo forest.
 Although at the end of  the day I was utterly exhausted I was still extremely satisfied. The field trip to Asakusa was incredibly interesting Although the transit their was tiring the actual place was beautiful. The shrine/temple or whatever the proper terminology is was huge and an amazing sight.

the ceremony that took place was also interesting, although I did not know what was going on I still found it fun to watch.

The final thing i want to talk about is my trip to takaoosan with my conversation partner. takaoosan is another mountain in japan. Compared to ooyama  takaoosan is extremely easy to climb the entire path is paved and relatively flat. After a relaxed walked to the top, stopping at many little shrines the whole way up we reached the peak. From the peak you could see fujisan and ooyama. the entire experience was extremely fun and the view from the top was extremely beautiful.


ONe more thing I almost forgot to talk about was food. The food is delicious and cheap. Near the place we are staying there is many amazing and cheap restaurants here is some pictures


As for my final thoughts on the trip. It was good....




The fresh places I have gotten to see. The people I have gotten to meet. The practice with the language have all been extremely good experiences. Although I am not ready to return to Canada  the memory's I have made are something I will never forget. If possible I will try to once more study abroad in japan before graduating.

No comments: