Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Self Introduction: Hager Yousif ハガー・ユーシフ

Hello!

My name is Hager, and I'm super excited to be a part of the Senshu 2016 group! I can't wait to get to know all of you guys. My group of four is going to be exploring the cafés for our culture topic. I can't wait to visit various cafés and see what they have to offer.

On a more personal note, I'm currently a fourth year student studying linguistics and psychology. Like many of you, I've always enjoyed anime, and that's what inspired me to want to learn more about Japanese language and culture. I'm really glad I did decide to try out Japanese 205 in my first year, because learning Japanese has been an amazing (although very difficult) journey.

Other hobbies of mine include things like drawing, writing, and making handicrafts. I've heard crafts are pretty popular in Japan, so I'll probably buy a few kits to try my hand at. Maybe a few of those candy food sets too, the ones like poppin' cooking where you can make little gummy pizzas.

This is my first time ever going to Japan. I am so looking forward to exploring around Tokyo, meeting our convo partners, and draining my savings account on おみやげ for everyone back in Calgary. I'm especially looking forward to visiting areas like Ikebukuro, Akihabara, and Asakusa. The sanja festival looks like it'll be a blast as well!

I'm going to stop myself here, or else I'll go on forever about everything I'm excited for. Once again, I can't wait to get to know everyone better, as well as improve my Japanese.

Thanks for reading!

This is my bunny, Cocoa, I'm going to miss him so much!

No comments: