Monday, May 2, 2016

Self Introduction: Sean Ko ション コー

Hello everyone!

My name is Sean Ko, and I am a member of the group of students from the University of Calgary that will be attending the Senshu Program in Spring 2016!
I am part of the group that will be tackling the the topic of cafés in Japan! As was covered in the introduction post, cafés in Japan come in a myriad of different themes, and  I am looking forward to visiting these cafés as my budget will allow and experience the contemporary culture pertaining to Japanese cafés!

I am a third year student at the University of Calgary in the midst of completing my Bachelor of Arts, English Major. I am also currently undergoing and partaking my Minor in Japanese at this institution. My aim is the become an English teacher and teach in Japan, hence my choices for the Major and Minor program.

I think this theme of cafés will most definitely boost my understanding of a part of the contemporary culture of Japan, and am looking forward to this experience! My Japanese is not the best, but I hope to communicate with the people who work at these cafés to gain a better understanding of their responsibilities and culture!

Thank you all for reading, and look forward to more posts by my other group members and I!

Sean Ko

No comments: